first things first i’m
RAW VEGAN CHOC RASPBERRY MINT “CHEESE CAKE”
Ingredients: 1 pound of pitted dates + 1 cup of raw almonds (or cashews) + ¼ cup of raw cacao powder
Directions: Blend the following ingredients in a food processor) flatten out as thin as you like it & set in the freezer to firm up.
Layer 1: Mint
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of almond (or coconut) milk
- ½ tspn of peppermint extract or 1-2 fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup of cashews soaked in water for 4+ hrs
- 1 tspn of wheat grass powder (for that green hue) and nutritional benefits.
- 5-7 raspberries (added after blending layer 1)
Layer 2: Raspberry Cream
- 2 cups of raspberries
- 4 frozen bananas
- ½ cup of cashews
- 1 tbsp of coconut flesh butter
Layer 3: Creamy vegan “cheese”
- 3 cups of cashews
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Blend each layer separately with all the ingredients listed above in a high speed blender until pureed / silky texture forms.
- Note for layer 1: do not blend the raspberries. After you have blended the rest of the ingredients listed for the mint layer, pour it over the crust and then drop in the raspberries whole. (this is totally optional)
- Set layer 1 in the freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Blend layer 2 (raspberry cream) & pour it over the mint layer and set this in the freezer for 30 min – 1 hour. This technique is what keeps each layer from blending into the other layers.
- Blend layer 3 the creamy vegan “cheese” and pour it over layer 2 (raspberry cream).
- Before setting it in the freezer, decorate the top as you like. I chose to put raspberries.
- Note: taste your raspberries before setting them on the top. If they aren’t on the sweet side, I recommend putting less. The idea here is so the final work doesn’t have a sour taste to it.
- Set in the freezer to firm up for about 3+ hrs
- Before serving let it sit outside at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften.
That’s all! Enjoy!
Vegan, Raw, Organic, Gluten Free, No Soy, No Dairy, & No Refined Sugar
"This isnt a project that you will be able to do the night before"